With the introduction of digital cameras, taking photographs has become an activity which anyone can do. However, to take pictures that have a sense of meaning and beauty, it has to be done by a person who knows the art of photography. The photographer is not a person who clicks what can be seen directly, rather he is a person who has the ability to capture a picture in an aesthetic manner. For this, he makes use of different camera angles, colors, shades, and lighting effects. The best way of understanding what really is photography, is by taking a look at the quotes and sayings by different famous photographers.
- Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. - Henri Cartier-Bresson
- You know what a camera is? A mirror with memory. - Anonymous
- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still. - Dorothea Lange
- A photograph is memory in the raw. - Carrie Latet
- Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever ... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind
- It is one thing to photograph people. It is another to make others care about them by revealing the core of their humanness. - Paul Strand
- Every time someone tells me how sharp my photos are, I assume that it isn't a very interesting photograph. If it were, they would have more to say. - Anonymous
- There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams
- My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph. - Richard Avedon
- Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph. - Matt Hardy
- A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into. - Ansel Adams
- I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. - Ruth Bernhard
- There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are. - Ernst Haas
- Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow. - Imogen Cunningham
- You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams
- I just think it's important to be direct and honest with people about why you're photographing them and what you're doing. After all, you are taking some of their soul. - Mary Ellen Mark
- A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words. - Ansel Adams
- Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man. - Edward Steichen
- No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. - Edward Steichen
- You've got to push yourself harder. You've got to start looking for pictures nobody else could take. You've got to take the tools you have and probe deeper. - William Albert Allard
- A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know. - Diane Arbus
- There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. - Ansel Adams
- Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film. - Anonymous
- I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn't that good. - Anonymous
- The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE. - Ernst Haas
- A great photograph is a full expression of what one feels about what is being photographed in the deepest sense, and is, thereby, a true expression of what one feels about life in its entirety. - Ansel Adams
- Buying a Nikon doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner. - Anonymous
- People say photographs don't lie, mine do. - David LaChapelle
- The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera. - Anonymous
- If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use? - Anonymous
- A definition of a professional photographer: A "pro" NEVER shows anybody the mistakes. - Anonymous
- How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that! - Anonymous
- First Person : "Is that camera fully automatic?" Second Person : "No. You have to take the film to the chemist! - Anonymous
- The rarest thing in the world is a woman who is pleased with photograph of herself. - Elizabeth Metcalf
- If an old man asks a young girl for a date ...
That's his business.
If the young girl accepts ...
That's her business.
If the old man and the girl decide to marry ...
That's their business.
However, if they want great wedding photographs ...
THAT'S MY BUSINESS!!! - Anonymous - Sign on studio wall