But what hinders this process is the different problems we face in our endeavor to master the techniques of digital photography. Often it is just a setting that might be causing the problem, or other minor technical difficulties.
Problems with the Autofocus Setting
- This setting primarily works by marking a difference between edges of objects that are visible through the lens. When the difference is clearly marked by a sharp change, the camera sets on the autofocus mode.
- This setting is affected when there are too many objects that are to be captured in an image.
- It is also affected when the edges of objects cannot be clearly differentiated. This means the target of focus is going to keep changing, till it can find a clear target.
- To deal with this problem, deactivate the autofocus setting and switch to manual focusing. You may also switch the setting to continuous autofocus to be able to capture long range images without being disturbed by other objects in the scene.
- Clicking a picture with a digital camera while in motion is likely to produce a blurred image. To take care of this problem increase the shutter speed while keeping the flash on. Otherwise it will lead to an underexposed picture.
- Sometimes, it is the camera resolution that causes a problem and leads to blurry images. In such a case, the image may appear perfect on the camera, but only when you see it on a computer screen will it appear blurred. Ensure that your camera is set to the highest resolution while clicking pictures.
- In many cases, it is a dirty camera lens that causes this problem. Use a pre-packaged kit available in several camera stores to take care of this problem.
- The digital or optical zoom tends to pixelate images, thereby causing them to appear blurred.
- Unknowingly setting the camera on the macro mode, is another reason for blurred images. When this setting is activated, a flower like symbol appears on the camera screen. This setting works only for clear images within distances between one and three feet, leaving all other surroundings blurred. Deactivate this setting for clear pictures.
Highly Exposed Images
- This happens when you use the flash, without which images appear blurry.
- To deal with this, use the 'exposure compensation' setting on your camera. This setting compensates for excess or lack of light. Reduce the exposure value by .5 or 1 unit, and check for the clarity of the image. Set the amount as per your requirement.
- A problem with the white balance setting may be a cause for this problem. For this purpose, set the white balance to flash.
Slow Shutter Speed
- You may have noticed many a time that it takes almost 2 to 3 seconds for a picture to be clicked after you press the shutter button. This means, due to poor shutter speed you miss the action and capture only its remnants.
- To deal with this problem, press the shutter button half way down, a couple of seconds before you want to capture a particular image. This will help the camera focus and fixate on its target. Then press the button all the way down to capture the image.
- What many of you may not know is that formatting memory cards before you use them in your digital cameras to store images is extremely important. Format it in the camera, and not on your PC.
This will take care of almost all the problems you face with storing and loading images. However, remember that formatting the memory card will delete all stored images. So back up the images on your PC before you format the memory card.
- If you use an SD card, you may accidentally lock it because of the tab placed next to its slot. So if you face a problem that says an image cannot be clicked, check to ensure the tab is unlocked.
- A battery that is already present in a digital camera has a life only between one to two years. After this time period it is likely to create problems, and ought to be replaced.
- To save the battery life, try to get an AC adapter for your camera, which you can connect while uploading images to the PC.
If you are facing some serious technical difficulties with your digital cameras, it is better to consult a professional and have it repaired in the right manner. This is simply to prevent the disastrous consequences that you may experience if you try to solve these problems yourself. Good luck!