Winter clothing however, requires careful selection. Use of deeper shades that are in contrast with the surroundings are recommended for winter photos. Similarly, an outdoor location offers the freedom of choosing from a variety of colors. A studio photography session requires you to completely change the way you dress.
Clothing Ideas for Family Pictures
A setting that doesn't reflect external influences helps capture that perfect moment. It takes a skilled photographer to capture such photos. Professional photographers possess that uncanny ability to bring out the best in simple-looking settings. It is good to have your family photos taken in outdoor settings.
However, you can make the most of the setting and surroundings by making use of some tips and tricks. Here are a few tips on achieving similar effects for family pictures.
Clothes for Different Seasons
Clothing ideas for family pictures depend to a great extent on seasonal changes. Here are few interesting ideas for clothing in different seasons.
You can experiment a lot with colors for summer photo sessions. Even bright shades of yellow and orange can be used against the summer season backdrops (such colors won't be suited for winter photo sessions).
The spring season is the time when you can think of using bright colors for family photos. Light pink, light teal and gray are considered the central colors for spring clothes. Clothes with these and similar other shades are considered ideal for the spring season.
Light tones are generally used for fall photo sessions. However, you may experiment with different shades. Colors of clothes that are best suited for fall photos include the beige, olive, orange, brown.
Winter family pictures can be brightened up and made to look interesting just like the summer pictures.
Contrasting Styles of Clothing
Clothing with Similar Shades
One popular family portrait clothing idea is to properly coordinate the elements of given designs. White is an all-time hit for family portraits and it suits diverse settings and backdrops. But, you need not restrict yourself to such shades. Coordinate clothing is about choosing outfits that complement each other than using the ones with same/similar shades.
Clothing with Contrasting Shades
The general perception is that bold patterns and bright colors are not suited for family pictures.
Also, such colors tend to shift the focus away from the face. However, it is the surroundings, season and settings that determine which colors to use. If you are not in a mood to experiment much and wish to keep it simple, try the combination of one accent color with three coordinating shades.
- Choosing clothes for family portraits is challenging and fun as well. Bigger the family, tougher is the task of selecting clothes. Here are few useful tips and suggestions for bringing out the best in family portraits.
- As stated earlier, a fundamental thing to consider while choosing the right clothes is checking whether they meld well.
- One should never wear sneakers with formal clothes. This is especially important if you are aiming for full-body shots.
- Clothes with stripes are not recommended for group/family photos.
- Use of V-necks is considered ideal for family pictures.
- For a picture with winter theme, sweaters are best suited.
- White color is a good choice for family pictures. This color radiates energy and creates a lively atmosphere needed for a family photograph.
- There is no need to use matching tops if all members of the family are wearing shades of the same color family (for example, shades of red, tan, whites, etc.).
Ideas discussed here take into account the different factors associated with clothes used for family pictures. There are many such ideas that you can try out. There is no limit as to how you can use your creativity in choosing the clothes for family photographs.