The word 'photogenic' was coined by the pioneer of photography William Henry Fox Talbot. Being photogenic means that you look attractive and appealing in photographs. How do some people look more captivating on a camera than others? Well, there can be numerous reasons for this. Here are the simple tips to look better in your photographs.
Tips On How to Look Good in Pictures
It is important to know simple photography tips and tricks for that perfect pic. Good and attractive pics are also the efforts of a good photographer. Assuming that with all things are in order (camera quality, photographer, proper lightning conditions), you can improve your appearance on camera. The secret to look cool in your pics has been unlocked here.
- Don't be in an unkempt appearance. Choose a hairstyle that suits you and don't appear messy unless you're shooting for the same purpose.
- Focus on your posture. Good posture helps in taking good photographs. Breathing normally and keeping your shoulders back helps a great deal.
- Always look a bit above the camera when the photograph is taken.
- When being photographed while sitting, always make a slight angle.
- Don't hold your breath as it will show on your face that your body is in some sort of tension.
- People with braces have this disadvantage that if they laugh their braces may be visible making the image look poor. There is certainly some truth to it. To avoid that people with braces can avoid laughing their heart out on camera. They can give a controlled smile. Braces are temporary and once they're removed, they can get back their million dollar smile.