How to pose for a portrait photo? A photographer always expects the person to know the basic skills of posing before a session. Photos also reflect the person's personality. The right pose can make your appearance and attitude look versatile thereby enhancing your overall personality. Let us have a look at some of the basic tips which will help you in this.
Tips for a Great Pose
Tips for a Great Pose
- Choosing the right kind of background is a very important factor. Choose a background that will complement the photo and the subject. Choosing the wrong background will divert attention from the subject. Try to go for a pleasant and neutral background. The studio will give you a variety of options to choose from.
- Pick up some of your previous photos and compare them for differences. You will notice that some have turned out to be good while the others are not up to the mark. Try to figure out the reason behind it so that you do not repeat the mistakes again. It maybe the hairstyle, the background, or even the way you have tilted your head.
- You have to be a little careful if you pose while sitting. There is no point in hiding behind the cushions of your sofa. A backless stool would be a good choice to stay in the right posture.
- It is mandatory to have a correct posture. You should always keep your back straight and your head should be tilted slightly upwards towards the side of the lens.
- Choose any distant object and concentrate looking at it. You can even look a little sideways if you want. Do not stare continuously into the lens of the camera.
- Expressions are an essential part of photography. You can either smile or give a warm and relaxed expression. If you do not feel like smiling then use your imagination and think of something funny and entertaining. Do not force yourself to smile, it will really spoil your portrait.
- Some people become very anxious while posing. They even stop their breath due to the continuous clicks made by the photographer. Be relaxed and calm. This is a very common mistake committed by people while posing.
- To be very sure about your expressions and looks, try standing in front of the mirror, and pose in different ways. You can have your own photo shoot before the actual session. Ask your friends to click your photos with different poses and angles with the help of digital photography. This will help you judge yourself and your mistakes.
- The most important tip is to look fresh. You need to look fresh during a photo session. Get a good night's sleep the day before your session or else your sleepy or drowsy look will spoil your shots.